Saturday, October 29, 2011

Faces and Hands....

Faces and hands are by far the hardest things ever to paint. I have been tweaking their faces for ever and something is still bothering me about them, though I can't quite figure out what it is. Anyway, this is another small piece of the project I am working on.
Oh, and that big empty space up there is for a speech bubble.

You know, I wish that while I was in school I had learned how to compose more than one person in an image. I looked back at my portfolio and I realized that nearly everything I had painted had just one person in it. I had only done one or two paintings that had more than one person in it. Now that I am out of school I'm realizing that having the ability to compose multiple people is pretty much critically important.
I'm struggling a bit (as you can see with the above example) but the only way to learn something is to do it, I suppose.

Anyway, have a good day!
-Hannah

No comments: